DMR Realty Pty Ltd trading as Pine Rivers Property Services is committed to client service and this policy outlines our ongoing obligations to clients, customers and the general public in relation to the way we manage personal information.
The principles contained in The Australian Privacy Act 1988 govern the way the agency collects and uses personal information. These principles can be obtained on the official government website:
The Office of the Australian Information Commissioner – www.oaic.gov.au
Examples of personal information collected include names, addresses, phone and fax numbers. The personal information is obtained in many ways including correspondence, telephone conversations, facsimile, email, various real estate websites the agency subscribes to as well as our own – www.prpropertyservices.com.au, 3rd party referral sources.
Personal information is used for the principal purpose of providing services to members of the public, clients and customers who have already disclosed to be interested in the resources and services our agency available. All participants are given the opportunity to unsubscribe in writing or verbally and request to be removed partially or entirely from out database, mailing and or marketing activities.
3rd Party and or External Links
Information found on links and other third party databases are not necessarily approved or condoned by DMR Realty Pty Ltd.
Disclosure and Sharing of Personal Information
Participants personal information is disclosed to third parties only when granted consent by the participant and where required by law to be authorised.
Storage of Personal Information
The agency is required by law to keep and store for a minimum of 7 years client and customer files.
DMR Realty Pty Ltd trading as Pine Rivers Property Services (ABN 56 146 903 237) is committed to protecting your privacy in compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 and the Australian Privacy Principles.
Information Collection and Usage
During interaction with the licensee and or members of staff of Pine Rivers Property Services, collection or disclosure of personal information is used for the following reasons:
- To sell or purchase real estate
- To lease a property (lessor and or lessee)
- For loan purposes
- Bond refunds and or payments
- Tenancy Disputes
- Co-ordinating repairs or maintenance of a property that is owned or leased
- Recording or accessing information from the Titles Registry Office, Dept of Natural Resources or other government agency
- Recording or accessing information from Residential Tenancies Authority (RTA)
- Recording or accessing information form Tenancy Information Centre of Australia (TICA)
- Profiling various services offered by the agency.
The types of personal information that is collected, use and or disclose includes:
- Participants name
- Date of birth
- Residential or postal address
- Email address
- Telephone numbers – generally daytime contact numbers
- Occupation of participants and business address
- Financial information including employers name, income, bank details
- Names of spouse, defacto, dependent children and roommates
- Ownership details of properties.
When reasonable and or practical, collection of personal information is derived directly from the participant. On occasion, some personal information is collected from a third party or a publicly available source such as tenancy information databases, previous or current property ownership databases.
Personal information may be entered into relevant forms of software and property websites. However, every effort is made to protect third party and outside sources acquiring this information by the agency investing in firewall, virus, backups and other forms of server protection.
Participants ultimately reserve the right to request access to their personal information and to request permanent removal of kept information.
This policy may change periodically and certainly if and where the official Privacy Act 1988 is amended or changed.
Link to PDF Copy HERE